The vision of Accommodation, Information and Support (AIS) is to aspire to build caring communities that foster wellness, autonomy and safety. We plan to open more windows of opportunity for people affected by mental health challenges and homelessness.
Please donate to convert under-utilized space in our building in the Annex. This will include two newly designed apartment units plus a community kitchen and vital office space for counselling. One of the units will have accessibility features and will meet the needs of a tenant with mobility challenges. The other unit will have life saving features for a person who is deaf or hard-of-hearing. The community kitchen will provide opportunities for tenants to learn about nutritious meal preparation. Donors like you have contributed over $120,000 to date. This will cost an additional $350,000 to complete.
Donors also have the choice to gift funds to the Tenant Wellness Initiatives designed to enhance the quality of tenants’ lives. Examples of donations include:
- $50 to support a tenant like Sandra reduce the pain of hoarding
- $50 to provide spiritual counselling sessions to help a tenant overcome trauma
- $150 to provide a community dinner for 15 tenants
- $200 to plant the Healing Garden this spring, enjoyed by tenants
- $30 to take a tenant to sports activities such as a baseball game or an out of town trip
- $10 for “Make and Take” meal preparation for a tenant
- $20 for reading clubs, knitting circles, and other activities to bring people together
Special limited time offer: If you donate $100 or more, you will receive a signed copy of an emotionally powerful book by AIS tenant Ken Gray. This is the 187 page fictionalized story of how one man went from a good career, happy home, and a university education to life on the streets because of mental health problems. You’ll cry, you’ll laugh, you’ll learn a lot from “My Life with a few Fabrications”. Free, with your donation.
Donate to Help an AIS tenant
Make a direct online donation now:
- Phone in your contribution with MasterCard or Visa Monday to Friday from 9 to 5 Call 416-504-3610 ext 21 for Marissa Bastidas, Executive Director
- Fax your MasterCard or Visa to 416-504-0239
- Mail your donation with your cheque or credit card donation to:
Accommodation, Information and Support Inc.
720 Spadina Avenue, Suite #304
AIS will provide you with an Official Charitable Donation Income Tax receipt. This means you can get up to about 40 per cent of your donation back as a tax credit.
The Charitable Number for Accommodation, Information and Support Inc. is: 129929295 RR0001.
Thank you for your support to change a life.
Would you like more information? To subscribe to the AIS newsletter please write to email@example.com
The Standards Program Trustmark is a mark of Imagine Canada used under licence
by Accommodation, Information and Support Inc. (AIS)